Implementation was successful
- New online recruiting system launched in July 2010. It now provides one website www.careers.wa.gov for job seekers to find all state government job openings (instead of checking 60 agency websites). The six largest state agencies also use the system to directly update job postings on their own websites.
- State agencies are engaged through an interagency advisory team to work with DOP on setting priorities, issue resolution, and system enhancements.
Job Seekers are more satisfied
- 86% of job seekers rated this system easy or very easy to use in the first three months.
- More than 98% of applications are submittted without needing help from the DOP Service Center.
Recruiters are satisfied
- 85% of HR Directors surveyed said the system is easy to use. 68% said it increases the efficiency of their agency's recruitment process.
- Recruiters say it takes less time to process high volume recruitments.
Costs are reduced
- Net savings from implementation was approximately $350,000 for the biennium.
- Easier and less costly to maintain (vendor supported).
*The hiring freeze effective March 17, 2010 covers all positions except those that are exempted as critical for the health and safety of Washington citizens. Other exemptions may be requested for review by the Director of the Department of Personnel and final action by the Director of the Office of Financial Management. More information on the Hiring Freeze is available on DOP's website at http://www.dop.wa.gov/HiringFreeze .